Newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity or other Gluten Related Disorders?
Our newcomer meeting is the place to start. We love to welcome you to our group in person, share some samples and discuss many of the topics which will help you start a happy, healthy gluten free lifestyle. We start with the following subjects:
* The Greater Rochester Celiac Support Group’s mission.
* The other forms of gluten related disorders and associated medical problems.
* The definition of gluten and gluten containing grains.
* Hidden sources of gluten in your household.
* Learning how to read ingredient labels and which ingredients are safe.
* How to avoid cross contamination.
* Where to find gluten free foods and suggest some current favorites.
* Suggestions for eating out safely and travel awareness.
* National support groups and renowned medical centers and their research.
* Online resources, apps and other sources of additional information.
Finally, we welcome you to attend the main meeting, learn about the current topic and meet a great group of generous, sharing and fun people that are there to help you find out that living gluten free is a challenge we can all handle successfully..